- You do not need to put your address in the letter for the test.
- You will be told in the instructions who you are writing to.
- Task achievement means how appropriate, accurate and relevant your response is to the task using a minimum of 150 words.
- You will be told how to start the letter.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You are renting a flat from an agency. Your contract was for one year but you need to leave the flat two months early.
Write a letter to the agency. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- ask to leave the flat before the contract finishes
- explain why you need to break the contract.
Write at least 150 words.
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is John Nordstrom and I have been renting the flat on Parkway Boulevard from you for the past six months. As I’m sure you are aware I have been a good tenant during this period. I always pay my rent on time and look after the flat.
My rental agreement with you was for one year and the contract ends in January. Unfortunately, I have just heard that I will need to leave the flat in November, which is, in fact, two months early. The reason for this is that my manager has asked me to go back to Germany earlier than planned and I am afraid this is beyond my control.
As I am now unable to stay here until the end of the contract, I would be extremely grateful if you could release me from it early. I’m aware that this is not normally allowed but I hope you can understand my situation and still return my deposit.