1) Read the question carefully to make sure you have fully understood the function of the letter, i.e. the reason for writing it.
2) Look at the three points and think of something to write about each of them.
3) Write a plan along the lines of the notes you wrote earlier.
4) Expand your plan into a full answer.
5) Leave time in the end to check your answer for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You are looking for a part-time job.
Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letter,
- introduce yourself
- explain what sort of job you would like
- and say what experience and skills you have
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear …………….. ,
I am a German national from Heidelberg and at present, I am studying for a Master’s degree in Commercial Law here, at the University of Bielefeld, where I have been for the last two months.
I am looking for a part-time job and I wonder if you can help me. Probably, I would like an office job, perhaps working as a secretary, office administrator or typist. I can only work during the afternoons and at weekends as my university studies occupy most of the day. I would be ready to start immediately.
I am a competent typist and I am computer-literate. In addition, I speak Polish and German fluently and I have been learning English for the past three years. While I studied for my degree, I worked as a part-time office manager for an import-export firm in Heidelberg. In recent years, I have also had temporary summer jobs as a hotel receptionist in Mannheim, Germany.
I am looking forward to hearing from you,